|General Ledger Accountant||Finance & Administration||Full-Time|
|Responsible for ensuring that all transactions have been properly accounted for and accurately reflected in the general ledger. Reports to the Senior Accountant.|
|QUALIFICATIONS: (Includes equipment knowledge/use)|
|• High school diploma or GED required. AA or BS in accounting a plus.
• Minimum of two (2) years general ledger accounting experience. Gaming experience is a plus.
• Effective communication (verbal and written, organizational and analytical skills required.
• Must be extremely detail-oriented and able to manage multiple tasks.
• Must have effective computer skills; proficiency of Microsoft Excel required.
• Experience with Navision (D365) accounting system a plus.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals and work with other mathematical concepts.
• Ability to keep confidentiality is a must.
• Ability to identify problems and formulate solutions.
• Ability to respond to inquiries in a professional manner.
• Ability to work in a highly regulated, fast-paced environment.
• Ability to manage time effectively and meet required deadlines.
|ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:|
|• Performs journal entries and reconciles general ledger and subsidiary accounts.
• Prepares month end bank reconciliations.
• Responsible for recording and reconciling all revenue and complementary accounts.
• Resolve accounting/revenue audit discrepancies.
• Assists in the reconciliation and preparation of financial statements.
• Assists with the preparation of outside audits.
• Assists with the monitoring of all financial activities on property to ensure compliance with all applicable laws, rules, regulations and internal controls of the company, including federal, state and tribal gaming regulations.
• Serves as back-up for accounts payable, accounts receivable and revenue audit.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Attends regularly scheduled departmental meetings.
• Responsible for the accuracy and thoroughness of departmental records and reports including in storage.
• Responsible for maintaining a consistent, regular attendance record.
|PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS: (*Constantly, Frequently, Occasionally)|
|• Talking or hearing; standing; walking; sitting; using hands to finger; handling or feeling objects, tools or controls.
• Constantly requires specific vision abilities of close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• Occasionally reaching with hands and arms, and sitting; climbing or balancing; stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling.
|• Exposed to risk of radiation (from computers).
• Works in moderate noise level environment.
• Some exposure to tobacco smoke and odors.
|*Constantly = More than two-thirds of the time.||Frequently = One-third to two-thirds of the time.||Occasionally = Less than one-third of the time.|