|Responsible for transporting guest vehicles in a prompt and courteous manner to and from the valet parking lot using safe driving practices.|
|QUALIFICATIONS: (Includes equipment knowledge/use)|
|• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Must be 21 or older.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Able to read, write and understand the English language.
• Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor.
• Possess a valid Washington State Driver’s License.
|ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:|
|• The ability to display and demonstrate excellent judgment and common sense.
• Operates vehicle using safe driving practices to assure safe delivery of vehicle to and from Valet parking lot.
• Tickets vehicle, writing guest name, room number (if applicable), car license, make/model on the ticket.
• Follows established procedures for car control, including but not limited to maintaining neat, accurate logs of keys and completing required valet parking log sheets and reports.
• Retrieves information on guest vehicles and claim checks using Valet desk computer system as needed.
• Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse anger.
• Observe and report suspicious activity to Security Supervisor/Dual Rate in a clear and concise manner.
• Greets and thanks guests, using a clear, pleasant voice.
• Responds to inquiries with accurate information regarding directions to local attractions, meeting rooms, etc., according to individual needs.
• Assists guests with taxi services, wheelchair requests, parking options, etc.
• Responds accurately to general inquiries regarding hotel services and attractions.
• Assists in opening car doors and unloading/loading of luggage to ensure the smooth flow of traffic in the valet area, • Promptly answers Valet phone using positive and clear English communication.
• Verbally arranges and confirms parking valet requests
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Security Lead Valet or Security Manager and Shift Supervisor/ Dual Rate Supervisor.
|PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS: (*Constantly, Frequently, Occasionally)|
|• Able to operate vehicles with automatic and standard transmissions - frequently.
• Able to work for long periods of time while standing and walking – constantly.
• Able to lift upwards of 50 lbs. – frequently.
• Able to work and tolerate areas containing secondary smoke, high noise levels, and bright lights – constantly.
• Perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling, climbing stairs, and walking distances throughout the property – constantly.
• Able to work any shift, overtime and weekends if necessary – constantly.
• Able to deal and conform to inherent property changes – occasionally.
• Be able to effectively work and function under stressful situations – constantly.
• Excellent vision including peripheral – constantly.
• Excellent hearing – constantly.
• Able to accept constructive coaching from supervision – frequently.
|• Constantly in hot, cold, dry, noisy situations.
• Frequently working in confined or high places.
• Occasionally in contact with offensive odors or other hazards, dirty.
|*Constantly = More than two-thirds of the time.||Frequently = One-third to two-thirds of the time.||Occasionally = Less than one-third of the time.|