|Cook||Food & Beverage||Full-Time|
|To prepare hot food items according to their outlet menu, recipe standards, and customer request. To assure preparation and service is of the highest possible quality in a timely manner.|
|QUALIFICATIONS: (Includes equipment knowledge/use)|
|• Minimum two years high volume cooking experience.
• Must be capable of following directions.
• Must possess good recall and memory.
• Must read, write, and understand English.
• Must have knowledge of kitchen equipment and good knife skills.
|ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:|
|• Knowledge of menu items and recipes for each kitchen station worked.
• Identifying and informing the Chef regarding any problems on station.
• Work rapidly and accurately.
• Utilize proper food handling techniques following health and safety standards.
• Proper stocking of assigned station knows the mise en place.
• Cleaning and organizing of work area.
• Paying attention to detail.
• Good communication skills.
• Assist Chef in menu preparation, service and breakdown of function.
• Be capable of working in public on live stations and maintaining superior appearance standards.
• Experience in sauté, fry, griddle and broiler stations.
|PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS: (*Constantly, Frequently, Occasionally)|
|• Constantly standing, hearing, seeing, mental alertness, eye/hand coordination, and handling.
• Frequently talking, smelling, walking, balancing, reading, bending, reaching, wrist motion, twisting.
• Frequently lifting and/or carrying up to a maximum of 55 lbs.
alone, including foodstuffs, pots and pans, for distances up to 300 feet.
• Occasionally stooping and tasting; pushing and/or pulling up to a maximum of 120 lbs. (kitchen carts are utilized to transport as needed).
|• Work is performed indoors in a climate-controlled environment with occasional hot and cold temperature changes.
• Close spaces while working with others.
• Moderate noise levels.
• Will be exposed to food odors.
• Stand on tile, mats.
• Hazards: Equipment blades; hot food; wet floors; knives.
• Equipment: Kitchen.
|*Constantly = More than two-thirds of the time.||Frequently = One-third to two-thirds of the time.||Occasionally = Less than one-third of the time.|